Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Done your Tuesdays with Morrie?

I'd always been wanting to read this book since it's first published 2 years back. Being a very thin book, one probably could finish it within 1 day or so. I decided to do what I always wanted to do. This little fantasy of mine to read a novel while flying out to somewhere. Which of course, I did when I took my flight to Tokyo the last round. Read the book the airport, read it on the plane, making full use of my time while waiting to board. There was also the occasional updates to my blog when I could log in and steal somebody's wireless. The book was fabulous. It was short but it kept me on my toes through the pages. I think my drive was very much fuelled by th desire to know more, of what lessons of life have an extraordinary man to share, when his body is gradually wasting away from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. and his mind and slowing down to a thin line on the meter.

I finished the book within the week I was in tokyo. And my review is a bit late. I have had read Mitch Albom's books, and now am on his third. The first two being "For One More Day", and the previous being "The Five People You'll Meet in Heaven". I couldn't finish the review on time and the date now I am ending this para is on 13 Jan 2008. Sorry guys, I left the book with Thomas and I can't get a grip on any more details than I ought to.

Just to end this off, I thought this Morrie guys with all his cliches and philosophies was most noble, using his degenerative road to death, to open the eyes and regenerate passion in life for those that holds to his testimony. You should read it if you haven't.

Semplice Simon

No comments: