Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Saving Face



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today's a holiday! Yippeeee..Can say, I had a good time today. It's been a while, but singlehood is really worth getting use to. At least, I can now do whatever I want to, not feel obligated, take my own time, and to actually enjoy my own company.

Morning started out with a rush. Woke up around 8 and left my house only at 9. Went downstairs and had my favorite Nasi Lemak. Yea yea.. I am trying to maintain my 68kg, will be burning it off on Wednesday. I have to reach Toh Tuck HighGate Condo in Jurong for Church Choir Retreat. My former Pastor is speaking. I wanted to be there to ensure him that I am fitting in into the new church well. Took 30 min to reach the place. As usual, I am among the early birds. Apparently, many people can't find the condo. The condo gates has its name carved in cursive letterings so artistic, making Picasso's paintings look like some old crayon graffiti.

The retreat went on quite smoothly at the Function Room. We had a message by Pastor, some singsipiration. The whole choir could sing parts, almost immediately. It's really a pleasure singing with them. Used to be shy singing in parts during fellowship meetings. Not many in my former church ever tried and bothered. In this church, it's almost by default that union parts are not allowed, you MUST sing in parts!

We had cake to welcome the newcomers. They have to line them up in front of everyone and be asked funny questions. i'm not spared. One of those 3/8 question thrown at me.. "Do you have a girlfriend har..? We got many singles here!" .. Hey Sisters.. I'm gay lar. Can't you people ever leave my private life off the fraternization.??!? Any of you choir guys Gay and single??? Please step out hor!!

The retreat ended at 330pm, after a long prayer session. Quickly sms a friend to meet me at Great World City at 4pm. His name's Kennie. We are not dating though, which I made clear to people whom I meet nowadays. That I am looking for just friends, and no plans for anything beyond tat. No offence meant lar Kenny!! He looks exactly like my primary school best friend. Met him off Fridae and a real friendly guy. We decided to watch a lesbian move "Saving Face". He had high commendations for this show and didn't mind watching it again with me. I treated him to the show while he's suppose to pay for dinner.

While waiting for him to come, I took on a quick shopping spree. Bought a shirt from Zara, some hush puppies socks, and wet wipes for my car. Both of us drives. We left our cars and took a bus back to orchard for dinner at Din Tai Feng and another round of shopping. Orchard's swarming with gays... as usual.

Time for the movie. It was FANTASTIC!! I never thought I could take in the sight of two women kissing and making out. But hey, it's not that bad after all. Joan Chen's acting was superb. The love and romance between the girls was so sweet! Don't know whether it's some sick joke, but they are always exchanging hotdogs whenever they met. The story's about two different forms of love, which was quite taboo then. Love between two girls, and between an older lady and younger man. What really struck me was how bold one demanded the other to prove their love publicly. Private loving and adoration within confines of the four walls, was not sufficient for commitment. That's a thought. There's many other interesting thoughts arising from this show for me. But am too tired to recollect it all. But please watch it if you have the chance.





Semplice Simon

No comments: