Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Things We Don't need at 30

One good thing about aging, is that when you come to a ripe "old" age of 30, you realised that you have put up with many nonsensical things in life. Finally, you put down your foot on it all and says to yourself, regardless of the consequences, I just don't need this anymore. On contrary to people who would think that they would cherish people and their sentiments more when growing older. I don't really think that works for me at this time. In fact, I have recently come to a conclusive end to a few good individuals in my life.

Not that I hate this people. But after a very very long period of time over years. It just seems that there are problems and hurdles which cannot be crossed. They keep coming back. And it makes one wonder whether anything objective or beneficial may result from this mad pursuit of harmony and peace in a human to human relationship. Do we need this at all, really? I am not too sure about that anymore. If it doesn't work for me, and it is not worth the trouble, and can be easily replaced with something of weightier significance and importance. Why not? Let's call it quits then. Perhaps the question is not really whether we need certain people in our lives, but rather do we need each other at this present moment? If a relalationship does not transact to a mutually profitable and edifying exchange of feelings and emotions, I dare say, we don't need it at all.

The other side of the coin would be this : would we be going from person to person, friend to friend, trying to find that few that can be included in our inner circle of friends. We would then seek a pleasing and harmonious relationship with that few elite while dumping everybody else that comes along first with their first signs of offence? Again I must insist, that my theory might work and is excusable. It took me many years to finally come to these conclusion about some people. Is that a good reason to justify life without them?

Semplice Simon

No comments: