I returned home just now feeling very much satisfied with myself. I'd sang a lot this weekend. Marcus painstakingly put together a book of songs recently and compiled a cd with all the sample MP3 and backup music for them. I can't denied my excitment to listen to them and to try my best to copy certain styles. I've never really taken a liking for opera. They didn't make sense to me. But as the days went, the more I listend to Marcus and his singing, and all the other sampling of fantastic tenor voices; being induced with a growing interest is inevitable.
I have a lot of things to improve in my vocal techniques. Began teaching choirs for like 11 years ago with zero knowledge. Along the way, there were much help to what a choral sound should sound like. I strongly advocate the belief in "Musically Sound Common Sense" and of its approach to musical interpretation. I believed that we don't have to be professinally trained all time. But boy was i wrong. I realised over the years that, some time, we do need to extra professional advice from somebody who does know their stuff.
I came from a wind band background and playing french horn and flute took up nearly another 8 years of my time. Never could I imagine that I would be working so hard on my vocal works, to master that musical instrument which is nearer to my soul. I very happy that I am improving. Along the way, Marcus had identified certain wrong techniques which I'd adopted, and some other things to polish on. Same as my other "vocalistic" friends, they had identified the same set of problems with my voice.
Basically, I lack air support, the high ringing and projectivity of a tenor voice, the italian/german flavor to opera and lots of other things. It takes time but I guess I will get there.
Semplice Simon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment