Nothing exceptionally irritating at work today. Nearly couldn't leave on time. My accountant was chasing me for some stupid Cash Accounting Reporting. Due to system constraints, I have to report how our Cash Flow is doing and what are the variuos element breaking that "flow". Nope, nothing much else at work. Quickly grabbed my bag and ran like the wind. It's my birthday godamnit!!!
I was very excited with what Marcus is doing today. He asked me what I wanted months back. I told him a Sandwich will do. He's always so amazing with his creative ideas and calculated planning in prepare the "Sandwich". We went off the Chen Fu Ji to eat the incredible fried rice with the not-so impressive hot plate toufu and pork ribs. He came up with the sandwich, place a candle on it and I made a wish. What's with the sandwich? I was expecting a simple ham or turkey sandwich, but instead, he spend the afternoon putting together a 9-layered. : Bread, Cheese, Ham, Sun dried tomatos, lettuce, Pork Floss, Olives, frresh strawberry, Fresh tomatos ...hehee.. I ate it all up. YUMS..! It tastes quite interesting....I could taste italian... chinese... Fruit Fresh.. preserved sourness.. they all stand out quite well.
After dinner, we took a walk around Riverside Point.. going Liang Court, bought chocolates, bought some bargain books and music scores from kino. Went down to see an open field area to see guys flying doodle plane thingie. It's a light weight remote controlled propellor plan. Lit up with neon colored wings and zooming and gliding pass in the air. He kept stressing that my birthday was "just-like-that..".. i knew he had something up his sleeves. I have no qualms with my birthday going past peacefully, going thirty but short of 1, we could all appreciate a pleasant non-exciting day.
We went back to his place after dinner. :) He bought a few things for my Birthday, there was a "Stella" Dvd by Bette Midler imported from the states. I was always looking for it ever since I saw it many years ago. It's not widely known. Thus most shops wouldn't bother to bring it in. There were a few more other gifts. A set of Aaron Speakers.. a NAD amplifier, Vincent Ng latest book for oogling, Josh Groban sing-along-cd plus book!! Gosh .. I always like Josh Groban's Music, but not everybody can sing his songs. There was "Parallels for Mac", a program used to run other OS as a virtual machine. Very useful indeed!!
I generally do not bother much with birthday, left on my own I don't thinkI would have bothered to do anything at all. My parents will cook etc. But after coming to certain age like 30, it's probably not a glad thing to remember and celebrate another life token taken away. I'd ot bee ntoo fruitful over the last 1 year and thus, not reassuring to know that I am short off 1 year to accomplish what we had set out to do in life. Birthdays are like, milestones perhaps. In a project, I was taught in PM course that we were suppose to plot in milestone in my project plan, so as to stop pause and examine a few thing. Like budget, resources, deliverables and timing etc.. We will find ouselves to be oddly out of sync with what we initially put up, a fabulous plan it was.
Life's like a big gantt chart perhaps, with many milestone and everytime we review it, we are falling short of it. There are the lucky ones, who achieves almost everything they had planned for, and when the birthday comes, it's tick they put on the check box. Tasks completed.
Perhaps the reason why I have had been letting my birthday past with not much of excitment, is the fact that I did not achieve substantial and important milestone in my life. Coming to think of it, what is there to celebrate actually? An increment in my job? A new and more exciting job? Quite shallow hor? Must think of something. Maybe by next year before my Sep birthday, I can work out a milestone that's worth celebarating the birthday to !!!
Semplice Simon

No comments:
Post a Comment