Friday, September 08, 2006

Panic Attacks!

I just had a panic attack yesterday. Made an appointment with my hairdresser to have her (butch friend) cut my hair in the newly opened salon at east point simei. Didn't manage to make it clear in the telephone conversation and she ended up having to wait for me at temesek towers instead. Now that's a big boo boo... given that i had even asked my other buch friend MZ to join me. She wanted to see the other butch friend of mine. ok. I'm not too sure whether it's even appropriate to use the term butch on them but they are two very good lesbo friends of mine. MZ being with me for 16 years already and the other, having to had cut my hair since 1994. From my short sec school hair cut.. to the Poly big bob pong pong hair.. to the sudden short clip, to the army shaved and finally ending up today... Anyway back to the topic.. she was later and I was waiting.. waited for 1.5 hours before she came... cut my hair and rushed off to the library to collect a book with MZ.

Marcus was having dinner with Keith.. hmm.. his long time crush. Ok.. nothing's between them but I do feel a bit uneasy whenever they meet up. I don't really mind them actually.. but the fact that it's a long time crush and he's quite cute.. makes me feel a bit .. jealous? insecure? haha i'm not too sure myself. But they are alright. Waited for the carparks here and there. finally collected my book and had to watch MZ have dinner. All the while, we were talking lesbos and their relationships, their uncertaintiies etc.. We aren't that different after all!

I was quite eager to get home. Since i needed to read a couple of books and to pick a few thing, iTuned my music play with my mac etc.. I was quite desperate. Finally MZ fini her Fuzhou Fishballs and rushed again and sent her back home finally reaching home around 930pm. Gosh.. haven't even eaten my dinner yet. Complained a bit about mum having to cook everytime I have outside appointment.. had a bit of lashing out from Dad about me being an ingrate.. and finally hitting the weights. Did 6 x 12 sets of squats and itunes at the same time... and bathed. My books!!!

Start reading around 1030.. really pissed by then.. i was feeling a bit breathless... i not have enough time to finish my stuff. I felt my skin turning cold and felt some jitters crawling up. I tried to catch my breath. To my horror .. i saw visions of the problems I am facing.. the things I am supposed to do.. all turned into life like statues and pointing fingers at me accusingly. I tried suppressing but the silent scream escaped.

Slammed my book shut grab my mac and went back to my bed room. Switched off the bedroom light and sms Marcus.. knew he might still be dwindling with Keith so decided to sleep. Still felt panicky. Marcus called.. I told him wat i was doing and the problems I was facing the whole day. As usual... he's always so patient and sweet at the right times... anyway.. I told him it was a ridiculous time to discuss matters like this pass midnight.. i just wanted to sleep.

This was a panic attack for me .. I never felt time as so strain and thin and my life line hanging thread before. It's an alarming experience. Woke up this morning and told myself.. i need to prioritise.. focus and relax. Life need not be so messy. Take it one at a time. Who's gonna ruin my life beside myself? :)

Simon MacCooki

No comments: