31/12/2005 1015pm - 01/01/2006 345am
I recently discovered, much to my initial shock, that a good friend/neighbor for many years, turned out to be gay and a chub chaser. The latter being the second shock. I am still reeling from the fact that a cute guy like him enjoys the portly and full. I had a crush on him donkey years ago. And knowing that we didn’t tell each other was bad, and that nothing could have come out from it even if he’d confessed to me, was worst. (ie. I fell short of his body type preferences) I’ve learnt over the years to take pleasure in missed opportunities. Knowing this, if not for this group of people who didn’t step into my life due to divine intervention, I might not have met my current beau.
Lets take heart in the best things that ended with us at the close of another year. Bring these things across and it would be the perfect way to end and begin. Champagne was popped for toast to the New Year during the gathering at Marcus’ place. Everybody waited anxiously in front of the TV while the time moved closer. What were your thoughts? Fear of routine is something I would feel. To resist the mundane and numbing realization that it’s another calendar of events with nothing special to look forward to. We want closure in the many dramatic episodes started in the year. To make us look at everything new ahead. Whatever can stop us from feeling renewed? It would be tragic if a new year comes and we didn’t feel the magic. Yes!! The MAGIC of all wondrous beginnings.
The rest of the night which led up to midnight was just a relax mix of chatting, video games, mahjong and eating. Tonight was my first night witnessing the “husbandship” of Marcus, washing the dishes? LOL. Well, that’s another thing I can really appreciate in another man, not being afraid to get your hands dirty. Washing dishes and clothes, taking and clearing out the trash and cooking. Well well well.. at least I won’t worry about rostering the kitchen duty in the future.
As the TV show counted down the seconds for us, I pulled him to a corner of the house where nobody can spot us. Midnight struck and we kissed. He’s one of the few magical beginnings I would want to bring forward in the New Year. The magic? Not starting out alone.
We played the night away, pictionary, and warped charades to act out famous gay iconic characters. Go figure how. That’s how my new year started then, with my love and lots of Princess Diana, Wonder Woman, Gandhi, Charlie’s Angels and Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom.
31/12/2005 910am - 1230pm
I've started working on one New Year resolution even before the year ended. That was to work on my 21 km Marathon. I met up with Marcus this morning for the longest run I've ever attempted in my life. We ran for 1 hr 20 min, I burnt 991 and him, 1000cal+!! Yes... my previous record was only 10km run in NS and that took me 1 hour in top form. I thoroughly enjoyed this run. One reason, it was simply because of him, and second was that I knew I could go a little further since, it's him. :P Fine .. I don't want to kill anybody here reading with mushiness. But that's something I really appreciate in a relationship. Being proactive and hassle less to plan things together. It didn't take us long to decide we needed to run and train together at East Coast this Saturday. Amidst of his GRE preparations and cooking duties for that night's party, I was extremely glad that he could spend that morning training together. Thanks Marcus!
The run went quite smoothly, not much pain from the knee, lots of admiring of guys running by, talking about getting cats and dogs next time, asking each others' heart rate, and how each was doing during the run. Even from this run, I could learn a little bit more about him and from him. (... and about cats shitting...) We ran from Mac to Fort Road, to the Hawker Center and back again. Glancing over at him occasionally, I think my life would never be whole if he's not there beside me.
30/12/2005 710pm - 1145pm
I met up Marcus at Bugis junction for a short shopping spree. The traffic and parking was a killer. He bought some knockdown CD storage system from Muji, maybe 80% from need and 20% from the glib and cute salesman. (Claimed Marcus..!!). We were supposed to meet up 3 of his house mates for a dinner treat by one of them, for clinching a business deal successfully.
I wasn't expecting anything which I couldn't handle, and had prepared myself mentally prior to the dinner. I guess it's a habit. It's always good to generate various scenarios and test cases to sift out the ungraceful, unpleasant, and unexpected. But for this time, I forgot to include myself into the list of parameters. Dinner went well. But that was beside the fact that I couldn't bring myself to talk to his housemates and to include myself in the conversation totally. Chitty-Chatty-me had lost my tongue suddenly. It was a conversational blackout for me. Disastrous! I wanted to stand up, scream at the top of my lungs, the big exclaimed "ARGH!!!!! WHAT THE HELLL!!?!?!?!?!". But of course, that cannot happen. It's too unglamorous for me.
I felt really apologetic for my awkward silence and behavior during dinner. I raced to dig out what really went through my mind. I had a long and unadulterated conversation with Marcus. It was, 40% Tired mind and body, 50% adverse pressure by myself to love his friends and fit in, 10% totally PMSed!!! I think it was one of those nights where the flow was exceptionally red. I felt bad to have subjected him to my capricious temperaments. I gave him explanations for the over-reaction to the whole circumstance. After which, his perception to my predicament, the solution/advice he offered, and the amount of patience and understanding he showed, made me realized again... how much I can really love this man. Oh Gosh.. I am sooooo attracted.
The night ended well, I felt tons better because of him. I told myself before I went off; this is not going to be difficult for me. Focus hard on what I really need to do, and not on what is ridiculously not going to happen!!
Semplice Simon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment