Thursday, January 12, 2006

Short Little Moosings - 11

One of my favorite song from Bette Midler. It is so simple yet, the words are so rich and deep with meaning. Please don't scorn and mock, don't sneer and despise and don't close your mind. Let your imagination explore the possible meaning of the lyrics. Whoever is reading this blog entry, give me your best take by posting a comment to me, what do you think is the meaning of the phrase "tin can".. in the phrase I've put in bold. I never did figure it out, and will gladly provide a gift for anybody who can give me a smart answer!!!

I think it’s going to rain today -- Bette Midler

Broken windows and empty hallways,

A pale dead moon in a sky streaked with grey.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.

Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles,
The frozen smiles to chase love away.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.

Lonely, lonely.
Tin can at my feet,
I think I'll kick it down the street.
That's the way to treat a friend.

Bright before me the signs implore me:
Help the needy and show them the way.
Human kindness is overflowing,
And I think it's gonna rain today.

Semplice Simon

Mood - Relaxed
Feeling - Impulsive yet inhibited
Thinking - Love Kamasutra (101 ways to tell a man you love him)
Love - Diva Las Vegas (Bette Midler - Experience The Divine)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess the "tin can" in that phrase means like, it's like a blockage for you friend, you will kick it away. haha. a possbile thing to get in your way? perhaps, just making a while guess.. It's like meaning that, you help you friend get rid of the problem he/she faces. just using a "tin can" to be more expressive of being streets.