Sunday, August 12, 2007

Coming out of the Closet - Episode 1

Never thought or dreamt that I will have this day, where I would finally even begin to tell my parents that I'm gay. But here it goes. It all started today when my mum knew that I was bringing a friend home on Saturday while they were working. Mum had since guessed that quite well, since I never called back on Saturday afternoons to find out what time she was working that day. As I was going to bath today, she bluntly commented that it was time to call my friend to ask him back today. I was a bit pissed thinking that it was my sister who told her, since she came back the last time while he was in the toilet. I decided to tell her that I didn't like sister telling on me. She commented that it was herself, who had guessed it right, and I knew, that it was her who had sent sister earlier on saturday to come back with dougnuts and to "spy" on me. Anyway, things aside. I sent mum to work today. And telling the truth, I said yes, that I was indeed bringing somebody home on saturdays. It was a secondary friend, and a boy, and not a girl, I emphasized. I told her that MZ and gang knew him and we were all close friends. Subsequently in the car, she started commenting how I should concentrate on my job, and to build up my career instead of being distracted by wayward affairs like this. I told her my job was great and my boss likes me. She said it's most important I grew up healthy and be happy. I told her I was very happy indeed. She went on to say how hard she was working now so that she didn't have to presurrize too much into me having to look after them when their years get older. I told I felt no pressure and all things was well.

Continuing that, she warned me not to get to involved with certain friends and how come I had Queer As Folks DVD under my table. I told her immediately, that I was gay, what would she do? She said she had already suspected it together with my dad for long. How come I never had a girlfriend and even gotten married at my age. She asked how come when she question me about Arthur many years ago, I had said no to her. I said, I was young and did not know how to put these thing to her. She asked, what about those people outside who so easilyt get AIDS. I again rebutted, but my friends are healthy ones and of good influence. She took her last aim by religion, quoting that GOD created us first man and woman, that we may procreated. I told her things weren't that easy, and if I knew thus, I wouldn't be a Christian. Finally, when we reach the destination, she left the car saying that she needs to talk to me more on this. Other private affairs of mine, she won't bother, but this, she repeated, she would need to interfere.

Sigh... I'm not sure how it's going to continute, but I will keep you guys posted. Just came back from Play with Thomas, and my dad was sitting in the kitchen reading newspaper and waiting for me. Of the many surprises, he never asked me why I came bak so late, he asked me. I told him I went out with friend. He asked where.?? Another surprise... I told him.. don't ask so much.

Semplice Simon

No comments: