Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Coming out of the Closet - Episode 2

Got into a police case recently, last sunday. Suffice to say that it involved my parents and another hawker. Thomas was there throughout the ordeal and it was in this discomforting situation that he first met my mum. I could see that they were quite curious about him. Thank God for all courtesy and politeness he showed, and I think my parents was trying to be nice too. It's always rewarding to be respectful to your elders.

After we went home and I'd sent him back. My mum asked me, was he the one that I brought back home. I said yes. I think there will be regular nights like this with questions from her henceforth and I wasn't wrong. Yesterday night, another fresh new set of questions. Ranging from asking about him, about work, about getting a wife, about MZ dressing so man like, about my uncle being right about me, about how relatives will view us, about how my dad won't accept it, about AIDS, about me going Japan trip alone, about home come I am no longer going out with the "doctor friend". She must have told me dad. Since he was showing a more hightened level of concern to my whereabouts nowadays.

She needs time to adjust I think, to accept it and to sink the idea in. She's still struggling with self-denial and that false hope that I was ultimately kidding and would turn away from this.. "disease" and temporal state of mind. It would be up to her to explain things to my dad. I have to said that I was seeing Thomas, but I think it was quite obvious. I asked her during our conversation, how she felt about him. She smiled and couldn't really put into words. Maybe it's a struggle to make comments and not wanting to be understood as agreeing with my lifestyle, that's stopping her. Oh gosh.. it's so complicated after. How I wish it was all so simpler. Like telling here I'd just bought a new bag or something. haha.. But Thomas isn't any old bag...

Semplice Simon

No comments: